Use of Experimental Design for Calibration and Validation of Ascorbic Acid and Citric Acid Mixtures
Keywords:ascorbic acid, citric acid, experimental design, ANOVA, multiple linear regression
The general objective of present work has been the development and application of analytical methodologies based on the combination of UV spectra with chemometrics methods of experimental design for establishing the matrix of calibration and later analysis of the obtained results. The analytes selected for this study have been citric acid and ascorbic acid. The citric acid is a tri-carboxylic organic acid that is present in most of the fruits, mainly in citrus like the lemon and the orange. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is an organic acid with antioxidant properties; their importance for the human immune system and for the prevention of various diseases is a matter of common knowledge.
2. Sigmann, S. B.; Wheeler, D. E. J. Chem. Educ. 2004, 81, 1479-1481
3. Sultan, S.; Walmsley, A. Analyst 1997, 122, 1601-1604.
4. Zarei, K.; Atabati, M.; Karimian, N. Indian J. Chem. Technol. 2007, 14, 417-422.
5. Zarei, K.; Atabati, M.; Karimian, N. J. Anal. Chem. 2008, 63, 145-150.
6. Volotovsky, V.; Kim N. Sensor Actuat. B-Chem. 1998, B49, 253-257.
7. Akhond, M.; Tashkhourian, J.; Hemmateenejad, B. J. Anal. Chem. 2006, 61, 804-808.
8. Yu, X.; Xu, B.; Sawamura, M. J. Jpn. Soc. Hortic. Sci. 2004, 73, 293-298.
9. Chinnici, F.; Spinabelli, U.; Riponi, C.; Amati, A. J. Food Comp. Anal. 2005, 18, 121-130.
10. Alcázar, A.; Fernández-Cáceres, P. L.; Martín, M. J.; Pablos, F.; González, A. G. Talanta 2003, 61, 95-101.
11. Pundlik, M. D. J. Indian Chem. Soc. 2004, 81, 721-723.
12. Zhanguo, C.; Jiuru, L. J. Chromatogr. Sci. 2002, 40, 35-39.
13. Oderiz, M. L. V.; Blanco, M. E. V.; Hernandez, J. L.; Lozano, J. S.; Rodrigues, M. A. R. J. AOAC Int. 1994, 77, 1056-1059.
14. Guo, D. H.; Xia, L. Se Pu 2001, 19, 276-278.
15. Chinnic, F.; Spinabelli, U.; Riponi, C.; Amati, A. J. Food Comp. Anal. 2005, 18, 121-130.
16. Scherer, R.; Poloni Rybka, A. C.; Teixeira Godoy, H. Quim. Nova, 2008, 31, 1137-1140.
17. Wu, C. H.; Lo, Y. S.; Lee, Y. H.; Lin, T. I. J. Chromatog. A, 1995, 716, 291-301.
18. Mato, I.; Huidobro, J. F.; Simal-Lozano, J.; Sancho, M. T. Anal. Chim. Acta, 2006, 565, 190-197.
19. Bosch Ojeda, C.; Sánchez Rojas, F. Anal. Chim Acta, 2004, 518, 1-24.
20. Statgraphics Plus version 5.1, Reference Manual; Manugistics: Rockville, MD, 1992.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.