Oxidation of Some Organic Diols with Trialkylammonium Fluorochromates(VI), R3NH[CrO3F], (R= CH3, C2H5, C3H7 and C4H9) at Room Temperature and Under Microwave Condition
Keywords:Trialkylammonium fluorochromates(VI), oxidants, oxidation, diols, microwave, room temperature
A mild and efficient method for the mono-oxidation of diols to the corresponding hydroxyaldehydes with trialkylammonium fluorochromates(VI), R3NH[CrO3F] (R= CH3, C2H5, C3H7 and C4H9), in solution at room temperature, and in solution under microwave radiation, is reported. The easy procedure, simple work-up, short reaction times, and excellent yields are advantages of these reagents.
2. O’Brien, B. A. Part I: Reactions of potassium dihydrogenphosphide and potassium diphenylphosphide with organic carbonyl compounds. Part II: Oxidation of primary and secondary alcohols by potassium chlorochromate( VI ). School of Chemistry and Biochemistry Thesis and Dissertations, Georgia Tech. 1980.
3. Littler, J. S. Tetrahedron 1971, 27, 81-91.
4. Trahanovsky, W. S.; Young, L. H.; Bierman, M. H. J. Org. Chem. 1969, 34, 869-871.
5. Yu, H.; Guo, F. Huaxue Shiji 2005, 27, 186.
6. Takahashi, N.; Katsuki, O. Decomposition of ethylene glycol by the combined use of ozone oxidation and electrolytic methods, Natl. Res. Inst. Pollut. Resour., Sukuba, Japan. Ozone: Science & Engineering, 1990, 12, 115-31.
7. Mohammadi, M. K.; Ghammamy, S.; Imanieh, H. Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop. 2008, 22, 449-452.
8. Seyedsajadi, S. A.; Ghammamy, S. Indian J. Chem. Sec. B, 2006, 45, 564-567.
9. Ghammamy, S.; Mazareey, M. J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 2005, 70, 687693.
10. Ghammamy, S.; Hashemzadeh, A. Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. 2004, 25, 1277-1279.
11. Meenahshisundaram, S.; Soctaungam, R. Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 2001, 66, 877-896.
12. Corey, E. J.; Boger, D. L. Tetrahedron Lett. 1978, 19, 2461-2464.
13. Corey, E. J.; Schmidt, G. Tetrahedron Lett. 1979, 20, 399-402.
14. Bhattacharjee, M. N.; Chaudhuri, M. K.; Dasgupta, H. S.; Roy, N. Synthesis 1982, 588-590.
15. Guziec, F. S.; Luzzio, F. A. Synthesis, 1980, 691-694.
16. Ghammamy, S.; Hashemzadeh, A. Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. 2004, 25, 1277-1279.
17. Mahjoub, A. R.; Ghammami, S.; Kassaee, M. Z. Tetrahedron Lett. 2003, 44, 4555- 4557.
18. akamoto, K. Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons: New York, 1978, Vol. 1 pp 140-150.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.